Thursday, February 26, 2009



Evan thoroughly enjoyed the month of love and hearts. He learned all about the human heart: that it has four chambers, each divided by valves that help regulate the flow of blood, that it can be repaired with ease, and that exercise is a cure for just about anything that ails you. He also learned that he has a congenital birth defect called "aortic stenosis". That just means that his aortic valve is thicker than normal and will need repair in many years down the road. So for now he is happy, relieved and enjoying all the things an almost 9 year old boy can enjoy. Biking, jumping, catching, etc. He was very disappointed to find out he can never be the quarterback for the BYU Cougars.

1 comment:

Neil and Laura Harper said...

YOU BLOGGED AGAIN!! I was so happy to catch up on pictures and news about your family! Congrats to Claire--keep up the good work! Evan, you and Greg have the special hearts of the family---the rest of us just have boring, run of the mill tickers! AND Danna, I wish I could look that good when I was feeling a little over the top!
I love you!